Tuesday 8 September 2009

Alan Peacock


A while ago I mentioned the Bradford on Avon Arts Festival and that my mum's neighbour, Alan Peacock, would be exhibiting some of his works at the Bay Tree Gallery. I really love his quirky style and over the holidays had a chance to pop in and take some photos to share with you.

Most of these pictures will be shown at the exhibition but the one above is actually my mother sitting in her kitchen, lives on her kitchen wall and is a firm family favourite.


This painting 'Early Morning' demonstrates a melancholy present in many of Alan's paintings. He told me that he likes to suggest that his paintings tell a story, but you as the viewer have to work it out.


I love this one, the little black skating figures have something Lowry-esque about them and also remind me of the famous painting by Raeburn of Reverend Robert Walker Skating on Duddingston Loch.




The Mermaid Cafe


... and Relishing the Flotsam and Jetsam

And finally the 'Family Portrait', look at the attention to detail in the rug and the upholstery and the lovely old family pictures on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment