Sunday 3 October 2010

holly anna

I've been hearing a lot about Frome recently. The name keeps popping up as an interesting, arty place and has made it on to my wish list of towns to visit. And today we went. The place is full of crafty/sewing shops (must mention millie moon , a haberdashers to die for!), places selling lovely vintage clothes and more modern and contemporary art as well. It was also the monthly Artisan Market, where delicious local food and crafts were on sale in the cobbled streets of the old town.


It is therefore not at all surprising that this is also the town that my brother-in-law and his fiance have decided to open their shop Holly Anna. And, after (an enviable) few months of scouring auction rooms and car boot sales, today was their opening day.


Having seen the back of their car after some of their early Sunday morning shopping sprees I knew that their shop would be full of things that I would fall in love with and I was not at all disappointed.


They've got a great eye and a distinct style. The shop has been put together in such a way that you want to walk out of the shop with the whole look rather than one individual piece.


Sigh....

I love the way they have used these old milk bottle tags - turn it over and find the price.

And I've been coveting a tailor's dummy for ages. Unfortunately our house really has no space for something this big that, for me, would be purely decorative. For now I'll just have to make do with this photo and dream on!

Suffice to say our Little Girl (who already thought that said fiance is the best thing since the colour pink) was so impressed by it all that she's come home and started to make her own shop!


The next Artisan Market will be a special Christmas one on 5th December and I'm sure it will be an event not to miss. Meanwhile if you are in Frome don't forget to visit Holly Anna.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely shop, its a shame I'm here in France but maybe when I'm over in November I might be able to make a visit.

    ReplyDelete