Friday 9 March 2012

A little bit of liberty

Any regular readers will know that I have a bit of a thing about Liberty Tana Lawn, and over the last couple of years I've used it to make all manner of things, from lavender bags to skirts for the children. But, whenever I've made something I've saved every last tiny scrap.

Sarah and I are having a stall at the Vintage Jumble Sale in a couple of weeks so I decided here was an opportunity to sort out my fabrics and have made some little bags of tana lawn scraps in case any one out there has the same obsession as I do.


You will know that Sarah and I are keen advocates of tiny fabric scraps. There is so much you can do with them: fantastically useful for applique (see Sarah's Kindl cover!), to covering buttons, making suffolk puffs, tiny bunting and I just use random strips to decorate everyday objects, like my marshmallow jar.


A little bit of liberty can brighten up anything!

2 comments:

  1. I love Libery fabric too! It's so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this is sooo nostalgic for me.... happy childhood memories of trips to the Liberty's January sale, and my Mum wading through piles of lovely remnants! Kath x.

    ReplyDelete