Wednesday 28 April 2010

fairs fair

Sarah and I had a successful day last Friday, our first fair of the year. Held in the beautiful cotswold village of Rodamarton (known for it's impressive Arts and Crafts Manor) we were based in a lovely village hall on a beautiful summer's day, perfect for a bit of spring time buying!

And we've more fairs coming up, one in Grittleton on 18 May and the much anticipated vintage and handmade fair at Chipping Sodbury on 2 July.


And if you're are looking for other things to do in May there is so much on this month I don't know where to start. I'm desperate to get up to the V&A to see both the Quilt exhibition and the Princess Kelly:Style Icon exhibition but closer to home there is plenty to do too.

The Stroud Textile Festival is on from 1 -23 May. Selvedge Magazine recently wrote 'Stroud looks set to become to textiles what Hay-on-Wye is to literary festivals' so Sarah and I are very lucky to have this all on our doorstep. Our old favourites, Studio Seven, will be showing, and a host of other fascinating textiles artists.

And the New Brewery Arts Centre has an intriguing sounding exhibition starting in May, Clothing Fabric of the East, showing work by Dorothy Reglar and Tim Parry-Williams.

With all this going on I'm not too sure when I'll find time to make more goodies to sell at our fairs, I'll be too busy being inspired!

1 comment:

  1. You are such lucky girls with all these inspirational stuff, just around the corner! I would love to visit the fairs that you're talking about!
    Have a great weekend
    Becky

    ReplyDelete