Sunday 18 October 2009

what's on


Ever since our trip to Sustain on Friday I've been buzzing with excitement having seen the work of and speaking to Penny Leaver Green (who kindly said we could use images from her website of her beautiful work). I think her work is just beautiful and can just picture some of her embroideries on our bedroom wall so I was thrilled to hear of upcoming opportunities to see her some of her work at the RWA Autumn Show in Bristol during November, and then a fascinating sounding display at Harvey Nichols in Bristol in the New Year called Button Phobia.

November is a busy month, Stroud International Textiles are holding their Autumn Rag Market on 7th November, and the same weekend is the Oxford Fine Press Book Fair.

Sarah and I have also been to see Cleo Mussi's colourful exhibition, Pharma's Market, at the Brewery Arts Centre, when that finishes there is an exhibition on paper called 'cut & fold' which sounds really interesting and includes work by Jennifer Collier, some one else whose work I love.

Then of course there is the Christmas Vintage and Handmade Fair at Chipping Sodbury on 14 November.

The only problem is that there's so much opportunity to spend money on beautiful things for myself that I'm slightly worried about how I'm going to afford Christmas....

1 comment: