Wednesday 30 June 2010

last minute truffles


We were invited out to supper the other night and I decided to take some of the aforementioned elderflower cordial along with some homemade chocolate truffles. After a quick dash to 'a local supermarket' to get the ingredients I came home and handed the task over to Granny and the girls so that I could spend the afternoon at my sewing machine (the vintage and handmade fair is truly pending!).


Happy to oblige, mum set to work but soon her progress was stifled by the lack of truffle cases. I could have sworn I had some plain white paper cases lying around, but my search was futile and with no contingency gift we had to think laterally.

Out came a book on origami and mum found a cup design and had to make enough cases for all the truffles she had made. Whilst it was very much a last ditch attempt and the girls are to young to find the idea of paper folding entertaining I have to say that I was very pleased with the result,

4 comments:

  1. The cases look wonderful, far nicer than the plain white ones - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look lovely...what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire , below9 July 2010 at 21:27

    Thankyou, they tasted as lovely as they looked!

    ReplyDelete