Sunday 29 March 2009

chocolate mousse


I started the week lacking inspiration for the food shopping list. However help was at hand, I asked the children what they would like to eat. Boy has a huge, savoury appetite and requested fish pie, spaghetti bolognese and pizza. The little girl has a very sweet tooth and demanded chocolate pie. Despite my explanations that it wasn't a very healthy meal option she insisted. As ever in a world of children, diplomacy and compromise won. I promised chocolate mousse for pudding with our Sunday Roast. Not only did that please the little girl, but it gave me the opportunity to use the cups that Sarah bought me - they were disinfected in the dishwasher before use!

It is so quick and easy I had to share it with you. This recipe makes 6 full cups of rich chocolate mousse:

375 ml double cream
200 g marshmallows
200 g plain chocolate

Place all ingredients in a saucepan and heat gently until chocolate and marshmallows have melted, pour into pots and chill in fridge over night.

3 comments: