Tuesday 12 May 2009

robin hood


Boy has been excited for days at the prospect of his best friend coming for tea today. When I asked him what he'd like to eat he answered ' a dalek made from cucumber'. I wasn't too sure how to achieve this and despite Boy's assurances that all I needed was a bit of icing I wasn't convinced. I suggested he went for a Robin Hood supper instead (I felt this gave me more options) and Boy rushed happily off to tell Best Friend, who turned up this afternoon with his Robin Hood outfit.



Coincidentally hubby popped home earlier and strimmed the hedges leaving lots of leylandii branches over the garden, perfect for den making, and so we set to. In the 'forest' at the top of the garden a secret base was built and whilst boys played with bows (and imaginary arrows) I cooked, then packaged up the food in baking paper and raffia and delivered to the base with an improvised flagon (wine cooler). The children thoroughly enjoyed eating knobbly potatoes, corn on the cob and sausages with their fingers and pudding was wild berries foraged from Sherwood!













2 comments:

  1. Oh you live such an idyllic life...it all looks so gorgeous! Very clever....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have come over all errol flynn i am going to have to lie down!!!

    ReplyDelete