Saturday 2 May 2009

sue parkinson


I had a lovely day out in Cirencester with my folks. It was such a nice day that I felt like I was on holiday. I have been a bit of a grump of late as I have had so much on I have felt on a hamster wheel. Anyway a well earned day off and lunch out was just the ticket for a bit of inspiration.


Our first stop was the newly refurbished Corn Hall. I don't know who was responsible for the redesign but whoever it was has done an amazing job. The first shop you see is Sue Parkinson. I was in seventh heaven and have to go back minus small child! It was like an upmarket version of Anthropology - one of my favourite stores in the USA. Sue and her ladies have an amazing eye and the whole shop was put together brilliantly. It is the kind of place you could spend all afternoon and all your savings in and come out very happy!! The mix of fashion, books, interiors stationary,gifts etc was perfect. They stock some heavenly paper goods which I will returning to purchase. From an interiors point of view the decor was lovely, soft muted greys, chocolate and wood floors - just what I would like for my house. Anyway I was so impressed I have asked for some more info and some links so I will post about them again soon with some more pictures, as this is but a tiny taster.....

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a lovely weekend! Thanks for sharing the inspiration you found on your shopping trip! You have quite a lovely space here and i enjoyed myself. :) Glad i found you on our blogging course! Have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, that looks like Lisa Stickley stuff, how fabulous!

    Sarah, i just found your message on the BYW forum - thank you! xo and i see you know the lovely Emma Bond - such a small world! ")

    ReplyDelete