Friday 3 July 2009

aprons (again!!)

better late than never seems to be my mantra at the moment, anyway I have been decidedly below par this week with some kind of bug, but I wanted to post these lovely pinnies which were made for our fete.


the lovely and very talented camilla made everyone on the pta one of these great 'bar' style aprons with a pocket on the front for money and phone. Camilla and I were manning the flower and produce show, and by the time I got home my pocket was filled with a motley assortment of dead vegetables, entry forms and a half eaten piece of cake!
Camilla made everyone a gorgeous flower brooch to attach to either their pinny or their top.



I made this one for the raffle. The fete had a traditional garden theme this yeare so this is a garners apron . I really like the blue and white stripey tape which i used for the pocket edging. I bought it several years ago from Baileys Homes and Gardens in Ross and had squirrelled it away.


The writing is done with free stitch technique on the trusty ancient bernina. You can do this on most machines by dropping the feed dog teeth and aquiring an embroidery foot. Then all it takes is practice!



No comments:

Post a Comment