Saturday 13 June 2009

something for the weekend

I think I was looking for a crochet flower tutorial somewhere in blogland when I happened across a very nice blog called skip to my lou. Anyway I also found a link to a baked donut recipe which I thought would be a fun thing for the children to do this morning. (turns out less fun for the mummy who is still getting flour out of her flipflops and every crevice of the kitchen!!!) Also knowing the lovely mr h's fondness for a fresh donut, i thought he deserved a nice treat to come home from work to.the recipe is here at 101 cookbooks or go via this page of skip to my lou. Following on from the recipe she does a fantastic tutorial on making fun felt play donuts.





then I found some more felt food tutorials via apartment therapy ohdeedoh, a good fun weekend project I think.


these are originally by the ikat bag.
I will most probably not be making felt donuts, I will be making the rosettes for winners of our village flower and produce show. And remaking for the second time something I started weeks ago for a fellow blogger!








5 comments:

  1. How cute. I want to play with those donuts! Hee hee..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Felt food?!! FUN!! Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. No time for baking this weekend,
    but next weekend there will be a cup-cake party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm...those doughnuts look really good!

    Jayne

    ReplyDelete