Thursday 21 January 2010

suffolk puffs


I was sitting by the fire yesterday whilst, yet again, it snowed. Cup of tea in one hand and the latest Boden catalogue in the other when I came across a rather nautical striped cardigan I think I might just have to have for the summer. Then I remembered the boat button in amongst the treasures Sarah gave me and my mind conjured up an image for me to create.

I know it's nothing very technical, I've been thinking about Suffolk puffs for ages but had never actually made one. Now I know how easy they are I've already made a stash to jazz up the children's clothes, decorate bags and (back to the Boden Catalogue) I realised you can even make necklaces out of them. I think I might try and adapt this corsage necklace idea.

Oh and then I decided I wanted to search for more vintage boat buttons online and came across these beautiful handpainted ones. I wish I'd been lucky enough to be browsing through a flea market in Barcelona and discovering such wonderful buttons.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jo. Your suffolk puff looks fabulous, especially with your lovely button! I have made some great cushion covers and a lightweight throw by sewing suffolk puffs together. Great job on yours it really is fantastic:) Have a lovely day - Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, just wanted to say that I think your blog is just lovely and featured it on mine - hope that's ok?
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, lovely buttons! I loved that Boden necklace too so had a go at making a similar one and I've put a tutorial on my blog. http://gailmade.blogspot.com/2010/01/frayed-fabric-corsage-necklace-tutorial.html

    I think it would look lovely with Suffolk puffs, I think I'm going to have a try at another one with different style flowers.

    ReplyDelete