Monday 18 May 2009

inspired making


I made this necklace after I was inspired by all of the lovely buttons in the lexi loves store. I threaded the buttons on some waxed cotton cord and tied a knot in between. There are a few buutons on there from my nans button box and others I have picked up on my travels. I started with 1m of cord but that wasn't quite long enough, so if i make another I will start with 150cm, the knots seem to take up alot of cord!
If anyone wants to have a go I am going to buy a reel of cord from my lovely haberdashers wholesalers next time I do an order so drop me an email and I can send you some cord!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely necklace and greetings to your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Admired this when you had it on at the Cow Hunt! A lovely, delicate piece. Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes please, I've started my collection of buttons already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Save me some cord please! My Grandma's button collection sits in a large jar on my shelf. Occasionally my girls and I get it down and play with it and we have added to it over the years. We would love to make necklaces - I admired yours this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the one I saw you wearing today at toddlers - loved it, especially paired with lovely monochrome stripes. Meg x

    ReplyDelete